View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 07:21 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I sure am glad I live in an area where they would never have to widen our street! What a mess!!! Do they have to repair anything they damage? Trees for instance or did they condemn the right of way? I bet you'll be happy when the work is done!

I think Coreposis would bloom, or grow for that matter, almost anywhere!! My neighbor has been digging it up all over the place.

I got my 12' planter box planted over the weekend and it's been raining ever since. Happy plants!!

Yep, Brain you are right about planting bunny food, and the comment about bloodmeal. Although I've used it and had no problem with my dog or the local foxes digging in or around it, I can see that it could be cause for concern.

We have a pair of Red Foxes that live just behind us (they had 10 kits this year) and I have used it in the past to keep the darn squirrels out of my garden and haven't noticed any digging. Maybe I've just been lucky! Lots of other food for the animals!

And you can eat JJUs in your salad, I will let the bunnies eat them!! LOL!

As for what will eat the Maple tree "wings"...LOL! You have to do like I do...pick them out of the ground! I have a huge Norway Maple in my back yard that throws them out and I am picking up little maple trees in my flower bed in the fall! I just mow them down in the grass.

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
tovaxin_lab_rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote