View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 09:27 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorrie View Post
Had a great day!! Did plenty of walking at the mall....did not eat red meat....only took 1 sweetner in my coffee....and ate a lovely salad for dinner.....AND

I LOST 4 POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a happy lady tonight!!!
Wow.Congrats to YOU, my dear.

4 lbs is no small accomplishment.

Tonight I had something for dinner I have never had before.

I rarely eat Turkey burgers. I just don't like the taste of meat. I eat chicken, I eat turkey, and fish, etc. But no burgers.

I they had a big sale on Ground Turkey, so I made patties, froze what I wanted to freeze, and made myself a turkey burger.

I added a bit of liquid smoke (if you've never tried this, YOU GOTTA TRY THIS)). and a dash of Low sodium Teriyaki sauce.

As I cooked the turkey burger (it actually smelled like a beef burger), well, I tried one of those low-carb low fat wrap thingees. The whole thing is 100 calofires, it's multi-grain, and I wanted to try it.

So I placed the smokey, teriyaki turkey burger on the wrap, added a dash of ketchup, and wrapped it. Never wrapped anything before (for me).

Well, let me tell you, I LOVE WRAPS. That was my whole dinner. I didn't feel like anything else. I had a small salad at about 2, and my turkey burger at 5:30 p.m. It was a nice size (because of the wrap).

I felt full, and now it's 10:20, and I feel perfectly fine (because I'm used to not eating after dinner).

I've had the wrap with scrambled egg beaters (for breakfast), but this was my first turkey burger wrap.

And for Alan, I made him a chicken wrap. This was sooooo easy.

First I took some shredded carrots and shredded zuchinni and I sauteed them.

Then I threw in some Purdue Short cuts chicken, added some tomato sauce, and threw in the cooked carrots and zucchini.

I took the wrap, put everything in the wrap and wrapped it.

Alan devoured it.

You better believe that I'm going to be wrapping stuff from now on.

You gotta love these things.

And my sister in law told me she bought a 60 calorie, zero carb, zero fat wrap.

I haven't seen that near me, but when I do, you better believe I'll buy it.

A zero carb, zero fat wrap???

Good Lord. lol

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote