Thread: Help Needed
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 08:43 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Greetings wise and thoughtful one,
(I am all out of Quotes at the moment so will that splendiferous greeting do for this time?)
I know of no one who makes soaps or products suitable for me. I have two retired pharmacologists who visit at work and they brought me in the information for compounding chemists but when I have been in touch with them they ignore or refuse to come to the party. Therefore, it is up to me, AGAIN!
I used to be able to eat oatmeal but now I get IBS from that as well. I haven't tried it on my skin since as I had tried it in the bath about 10 years ago with no success. I will hit the book stores to see what "recipes" I can find.
I have bought the oatmeal soap and goat milk soap from a health food shop before with disastrous results.
Any recipes would be much appreciated and I would seriously, no make that definitely try them.
In my research I found the main ingredient is shea butter and whether it is organic or purified I still break out.
I can only use a very basic toothpaste with fluoride added otherwise I end up with ulcers in my mouth and throat.
Yesterday I restarted my fish oil capsules and glucosamine after 5 months off them as the weather was so lovely and warm but now as winter is upon us my arthritis has been letting me know it is around. Within appproximately 8 hours I had massive stomach pains and running to the toilet. What I want to know is does fish oil capsules of any kind have dodecyl gallate in it as that has been the worse I have been for quite a while. Or, could it be the glucosamine? I have tried to find this out from the manufacturers before without any joy.
Oh dear, I have just read what I have written and thought what a whinger but really I am a very optimistic person who hasn't given in or up but just requests a helping hand from anyone who can help me from their own experiences. I feel bad about my daughters developing symptoms too and I want to help them.
Thank you for your response and look after yourself. Marci.
Marci is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote