View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 09:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default PCS- curious if anyone has same symptoms as me

hi dont really do this sorta thing but, as title says, i wan2 kno if any1 has the same symptoms as me. 11yrs ago (i was 9 at the time) i was in a car crash, it wasn't serious but i got the usual injuries (whiplash, bruising etc). i noticed immediately that i was v aware of the fact that my mum n bro were sniffing (coz they were cryin, obv) n the noise upset me and made me angry. ova the past 11 yrs the problem has worsened and worsened - noises that upset/anger me are clickin, sniffin, swallowin, tappin, basically alot of diff noises, mainly caused by ppl. i have no idea y the noises upset/ anger me n i feel like a freak n the fact that i have this prob really really upsets me. the anger/upset causes me 2 hit myself (head, arm, leg), dig my nails into myself, bite myself, basically anythin 2 relieve the frustration. n the fact that i do this 2 myself also upsets me!! i have recently been diagnosed with Post Concussion Syndrome (after having about 20 docs ova the yrs not have a clue wot was wrong!!) since the crash i have seen numerous counsellors (nothin worked) n i'm now on medication, tho that ent workin eitha. i would really like 2 kno of a 'miracle cure' (kno thats not v likely!!) coz it has ruined my life and my childhood. if anyone has experienced the same things/similar things plz tell me if anythin worked.
thanx 4 takin the time 2 read this (jus realised there's quite a bit lol!!)
emmy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote