View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 10:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Way to go on saving money, Kelly! After speaking with my cable/internet provider I found buying services "a-la carte" was actually less expensive than "bundling" the plans, as AMN suggested earlier. The original plan my ex-husband arranged was for $50/month/both services for three months, $80/month after six months, and $110/month after one-year.

At the end of the conversation the company settled on $40.00 a month for both services -- and without a contract! Of course I made changes to the services because the original plan offered more than what I actually needed, so it is always good to find out what the "bundle" offers.

Another thing individuals can do is call their utility companies and ask for some type of "budget" billing. With the natural gas provider I arranged for my monthly charges to be based on the averaged yearly costs. This way costs are equally divided throughout the year thus avoiding having to pay alot more in the winter months when more energy is used. I plan on doing the budget billing with my water/sewer/trash/electricity provider (the city) after I have services for over a year with them.

Monica

Last edited by Foggy Brain; 05-29-2008 at 10:43 AM.
Foggy Brain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (05-29-2008)