View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 10:55 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by queen178 View Post
I was just wondering if it is always necessary to get an attorney? I had my impairment rating a few weeks ago and have yet to hear from anybody.

I really am tired of this and want to move on but I do not want to get screwed by WC either. I don't want to sign off on anything without future medical but I also am running out of energy and having to go through any legal stuff right now makes me ill.

Any advise for this Klutz?

Your words that I highlighted in red... those are exactly why I would get an attorney.

Remember WC does not work for you.... it's there to protect the employer.

The will do whatever they can to keep as much of their money as they can.

A good WC lawyer will take a lot of the stress off of you. Call around... many will talk with you (initial consultation) for free.

I wish you the best!!

Abbie

***The above is only my opinion... (I have never worked in the legal nor WC field...) as to what I would do.... I know that WC docs had rated me as 6% and 8% disabled in lower part of one leg only... I had two doc's not associated with case nor me that rated me as 70% and 85% disabled total body. (this was done due to assistance from a lawyer who arranged the appointments stating that he needed me examined for a disability rating and provided them with a copy of my medical record....)

Really though... just do what you feel is best for you. I do truly wish you the best.

Rest in Peace
3/8/90 ~~ 4/2/12

Last edited by Abbie; 05-29-2008 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Adding as wanted to add that my comments were based on my experiences and non-professional personal opinion ONLY.
Abbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote