View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 11:14 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23angels View Post
Oooo.. I think Vic is running for President Ok.. so what are you going to do about the increasing gas prices!!
What am I doing about increasing gas prices?
1) Helping to get wind farms permitted in So. Cal (like the ones we did in Palm Springs).
2) Using my scooter as often as possbile for trips that are less than 25 miles long (round trip).
3) Working on the permits for a solar farm in the Mojave Desert (actually, it is an expansion of the farm that we helped permit two years ago.
4) Helping with a new electrical-water pumping project, wherein water in a 2 million gal tank on a hill flows through a bunch of turbines that generate electricity at the bottom of the hill during peak electricity use in So Cal (when electricity is at its highest price). The water is pumped back into the tank at night, when elctricity is the cheapest. Therefore, a profit is made by the client and electricity is added to the power grid.

How does all of this help with reducing gas prices?
It is the groundwork required to provide electricity in abundance for electric vehicles and residential power. At some point soon our reliance on oil will decrease when a viable alternative is available. And, we are on the way.

Who ever would have thought that a lizard chaser (the field biologist) could do anything about this issue?

-Vic

P.S. I would not make a good President.
Victor H is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (05-29-2008), hollym (05-29-2008), Jomar (05-30-2008), suzyqz_2007 (05-29-2008)