Thread: New here
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 07:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
Hi StuffedHead,

Welcome to NT! I am a Hashi's patient too. Well former..had mine taken out.

Your episode sounds a little scary. Did you go from Hypo to hyper? I had something like that for a while and they referred to it as Hashi's thyrotoxicosis.

I am now happily thryoid neutral on meds.

Happy to talk more if you would like.

Shelley
Hi Shelley,
Yes, I had thyrotoxicosis with angina, a-fib, elevated systolic at 210 over a normal only palpable diastolic, headache, nausea, etc. and my TSH was 0.2, obviously too low for me. It was very scary. Luckily, I knew I was in a-fib and called the paramedics. I have a nursing background plus I've had a-fib in 2007 when I had perimyocarditis. Still, they couldn't control it until they put me on a beta blocker. I was also given heparin. What a way to spend Mother's Day.

Normally, I'm hypo and fluctuating from bad to worse, because the doctor can't stabilize me. I think there's something amiss at the circle K - hypothalamus/pituitary - because I can't stay a normal even temperature. If I drink cold beverages I shiver and can't get warm for about two hours afterwards. I have to wear a polar fleece bathrobe when this happens in a 74 degree room. And I just started having other symptoms. Read my other post I accidently made here on new member intros.

Thanks for the hug and welcome.
StuffedHead is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote