Old 10-22-2006, 05:18 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb Well...

Two things work for me. At one point my MP in my right thigh was
the pits. Like 100 bee stings when it went off. The times it is numb I consider
improvements. I have had this since a C-Section (the long mid-abdominal incision) which was also an exploratory looking for a "tumor" which the doctors
thought I had.

I have had marked improvements with Lidoderm patches, which for me
seem to put the nerve to sleep. So I don't need them as often as before.
I had results in 2 weeks or so. But I still keep them on hand.

The other thing I do is alot of is supplements. EFAs, and esp Thiamine for my feet. I think the high dose thiamine helps with the MP nerve too.
I use 200mg at bedtime. Thiamine is B1 and is an old stand-by remedy for
neuropathy..it still works, and is inexpensive, and benign.

I have never used opiates or Neurontin or other "drugs" for it. So I cannot comment on them.

One thing that makes my MP act up is heat...so no steam room at the gym and avoidance of hot baths (which I love) helps also. Certain types of stretching of the leg will also set it off, so I cannot do vertical bikes for exercise. But I can do the recumbent with moderation, and the ellipitical is easier than the treadmill for me.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote