View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 10:41 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

For brain nutrients:

b12

Flax seed oil or seeds ground. Something like 10,000 stronger than fish oil nutrients.

I like a Gatorade type drink - I don't know why but it clears my skin and makes me feel better.

Eating pure real food is always better than fried fast food. Remember that a LOT of chicken and beef and shrimp "comes from" (or is distributed by) China, where there are few if any checks. (The head checker from last year committed suicide over the dog food problem.) So your favoriate fast food place's $2 burrito may be from chicken literally flown around the world...yuck.

Try to buy local fresh food. NO preservatives, fake color, etc., food life extenders or food smoothers or thickeners that aren't real and you don't know what they are - so they are chemicals. READ the labels.

When making salads, start having a salad night where you start with torn greens, (don't buy those packages, but if you do, rinse with cold water throughly as they could have been processed right after a meat processing and maybe picked up something), add things like raising and nuts, or goat cheese and nuts, etc., to raise the nutrient level.

Do not buy salad dressing anymore. Use virgin olive oil as a base. Then add lemon juice. Then you can add anything - mustard, or cheeses, spices, etc. If you want a light dressing, use a light good oil, and you can use rice vinegar and soy sauce, or add a little peanut butter to get that good Asian taste. Does anyone buy dressing anymore? (Except on rare occasion?)

ALSO, wheat germ comes regular or honey nut, so you can add that to salads salty or sweetish, and really make a good salad the people won't even notice the wheat germ. I like Kretcner's (sp?) It's also good as a tsp. in soup. Or on ice cream, before the hot chocolate addition. Really tasty.

I am becoming, evolving, into a vegetarian because I hate how animals have to die for a steak! Anyone else getting like this?
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
billy027 (06-03-2008), ThreeForOne (06-04-2008)