Thread: Help Needed
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 11:03 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I wish I could help but our countries are too far away, and the products they sell are way too different.

My own DH is allergic to most soaps and he comes out in all types of nasty dermatiits rashes from them.

There are just a couple of pure soaps on the market that he can handle, and one is a very old product named Velvet Soap. I don't even know if it's available to you guys but it's yellow in colour and was what my mother used to wash our clothes with, way back in the 1950's.

I think Dove is another that's close to pure, but please don't quote me on that.

I hope you find something soon, but I think AMN's suggestion of getting soap made for you, is probably the way to go. You'd probably have to do the trial and error thing until you found one that didn't upset you. You shouldn't have to bathe in each of them though, just try each out on a different bit of skin. The more sensitive the skin (like inner thigh, and on the under surface of the upper arm) the quicker any reaction should show.

As for your hair......with the wedding to attend, a cheeky hat would probably be the way to go if you have bald spots to hide.

BTW. That looks like an excellent article that AMN has suggested. I'm certainly thinking along those lines now for my DH.

Koala77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote