View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 11:41 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I have gone through exactly what you are going through, Noidy. It was from an inflammed lesion very high up in the C-spine.

The mouth, lips, etc. lasted only a week or so. The fingers and arms lasted longer, but they were not 100% numb all the time (unlike the legs, torso, etc., which were constantly numb for months).

The breathing and swallowing are important symptoms to have checked out. I did not at the time, but I detinitely would the next time.

I think I know what you mean by the tingles creeping into the lungs. I thought it was my voicebox actually, and it felt like a cracked speaker (internally) when I talked.

There is not much they can do for this kind of attack . . . but the good news is that I would suggest it is finally running it's course. If things go the same way for you, you should start to improve over the next week or two. The numbness might go away suddenly and completely in some areas, and may "creep" away in others.

Like I said, I would follow up on the swallowing and breathing issues. Also, is it possible you have an untreated infection going on somewhere . . . like bladder, teeth . . . anything?

Cherie