View Single Post
Old 05-30-2008, 01:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I saw an endo in 2007 who said he was sure I had Hashi's for 30 years before being diagnosed. I started being ill with symptoms at 25 years old.

I got diagnosed with "Garden Variety" hypothyroidism in 2003. That started the worst scenario and I'm still paying for it today. That doctor under treated my condition setting me up for future problems. She never tested my Free T3/T4 levels, only my TSH. And she kept my TSH in the middle of the range. I felt horrible but didn't understand why I did. I hadn't educated myself about the disease and the worst, I trusted the doctor to know more than me. She didn't.

Starting in 2005, my symptoms worsened. In 2006, I had more problems. 2007 brought the worst with perimyocarditis and complications. I spent three times in the CCU with complications.

I saw 6 doctors by October 2007, each saying they could help me, only to throw their hands up in the air and give up. I'm on the 7th doctor and he's frustrated because I'm still not well. I've been through several medication changes, the last one causing me to go into thyrotoxicosis. I'm being referred to an endo but don't see him until mid-June.

There's still something which isn't right. I think it's my pituitary/hypothalamus. Another doctor at the same practice thinks I'm "over thinking." Yet I have some strange symptoms - drinking anything cold makes me cold and I shiver for two hours. I have to wrap myself in my polar fleece bathrobe in a 74 degree room and shiver until I get warmer. If I eat something warm I can get too warm. And recently, I have more strange symptoms with eye focusing problems, facial numbness, ear pain radiating to my teeth, occipital pressure.
StuffedHead is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote