View Single Post
Old 05-30-2008, 01:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
When I was told to walk... I walked
I have to laugh . . . I once had an employer who ordered video surveillance. They "caught" their employee complying with every single doctor and therapist recommended restriction. But they also filmed her shopping for school clothes with her kids at the end of summer. "How dare she?" was her employer's reaction. I suggested they calm down, as it was equally apropos to say "How dare she NOT?" A mother, after all, must do what she must do. And besides, she violated no restrictions while her kids tried on Nike's and picked out new jackets! Geesh! Some people can't be pleased. . . .

One more thing about your situation, if I read correctly. . . . being "nice" to your employer is noble, but letting them use you is not. If they had no light duty, you were supposed to continue to collect temporary total disability (in most states.)

Quote:
I resigned my position for the betterment of the company. Somebody needed to run that department and the only way they would was if I quit.
One should quit a job for your own personal reasons, not out of a sense of duty to the employer who could not even accommodate restrictions following an on-the-job injury.