View Single Post
Old 10-22-2006, 08:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Morning,

It just seems to me that this doc seem fishy to me!! my doc has done lots of them too and everything you siad is the total oposite in realilty.

First Question,
Stop it from spreading?? good lord i wish it did!! I had my SCS implanted in Feb of 2003 about 7 mos after the diagnosis of RSD, and the trial seemed to work, but once he did the perm implnat it stopped working after about 5 mos or less, so i had to have 3 revision surgeries. yes it feels like tingling, but not like hitting your funny bone, but it does take some getting used to and like if you arch your back to strech.. i always like like a jolt but you get used to it! and know what will give you that jolt and what wont! Also another q for you or to ask your doc. We all had a trial with the scs, and mine was 2 weeks of having the trial in and hanging out before the perm was put in. And then after the 2 weeks i was able to get the perm put in (in a day surgery) , but also that you have many many restrictions for at leats 6 weeeks after surgey so the leads dont move. no bending twisting , no lifting of a milk jug wt or over, no hands above the head and NO DRIVING for 3 weeks. All to prevent the leads from moving and it to work correctly so you dont need revision surgery! I have not read or heard of anyone being able to go back to everything in a week!! the surg is not that bad but not that good to be up and mobile and ready for work.!!???

3rd question,
I have been 3 years out of my scs and still on ALL my meds that i had before!! And i also have another stim implnated in my RSD leg, its called a perpheral nerve stim, and that one doesnt help at all either and keeps me on my meds and in Jan i will be getting a pain pump! I will truly be bionic for sure!! lol

Im not trying to scare you by any means but i had no one to ask these same questions too and was totaly in the dark about this and dont want anyone else to be and also have it sugar coated either. The stim worked wonders for me in the begining!! it almost relieved about 40-50% of the pain levels and was in heaven. But then it stopped working and had 3 revision surgeries to try and get that coverage back, all to no avail. You have to try at least the trial of the stim to see if it will work!! thats the evil with this disease, no one konws what will and what wont work and when!! and we have to try all the options out there to seee if this one will work!!

Also in regards to the spreading, when i first got the scs, i had it in my foot and toes alone. Now.. after 2 stims and revision surgeries, and still on meds, it had gone all the way up my leg and back and into the thigh of the good leg!! so nope it doesnt stop and if your doc finds that trick let me know!!

K. gotta try and get some breakfast! if yo uhave any questions let me konw!!!

Amber
RSD_Angel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bassman (07-28-2008)