Thread: At LONG Last!
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2008, 03:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

You all ROCK, ya know that? It is a MAJOR relief, and a HUGE amount of stress lifted off my shoulders. Just ashame I didn't get injured at WalMart as the check wd have been a LOT bigger!

Tam, the money for Vaccine Injury Compensation is paid from a fund built through an excise tax on each individual vaccine administered. So since it's taxpayer money and being paid in compensation for injury by the government, it's tax-free to me - the gov't can't tax it twice. It will mess us up for getting financial aid for college, that's for sure. And we'll be taxed on the interest. And it's set up so they pay for expenses/past expenses NOT covered by insurance, so the insurance co. can't come after any part of the award, as I haven't been reimbursed for those expenses.

The lawyer's fees are even paid separately, his amt and expenses still have yet to be determined, he is not paid out of my damages award. So I do keep what I finally manaqged to win. Would be nice if there was 4 years interest added to the amount for all the waiting I've done - useless, ridiculous, wasted time! Thanks for the advice, support and shoulder throughout, it's been much appreciated!

Sister Anne, relaxation is the order of the day - and the summer - as much as 12 and 17-yr-old girls will let me relax, that is!

Di, That first visit out to Dr T - seems so long ago! Will be 5 yrs this August - in some ways hard to believe it's been that long. Then again, the first 3 years of this every day seemed to last about a year... Would definitely not want to live these past years again, but am more grateful than I can say for meeting you and being pointed in the right direction to get some answers and treatment when the Drs here just wanted to jerk me around. You've been a real joy and true friend in the darkest and deepest places of my life. Thanks for the lift!

Johanna, that is one freaky clown - did he scare all the kids away?? LOL

beth
beth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
astern (05-30-2008)