View Single Post
Old 05-30-2008, 05:53 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonn07 View Post
I collect stuff about the Civil War ... books, mags, videos ....

autobiographies of the First Ladies before Kennedy ... talk about an interesting bunch of gals ...

and trunks .. I have 4 of them, and a cedar chest ... but these are those old travel trunks ... and they are all in my livingroom ... they are fun to get, but tough to get home when I have a little car ... gotta change that!
Okay, Von, this is weird. I'm a jr. Civil War buff myself, I just stimulated the economy with my very own copy of the Ken Burns series. I was at Gettysburg last year and I have to go back because the new museum should be opening any day now!

The weird part is, I'm a trunk junky too. I have a really cool one with a packing list still inside the lid, written in quill & ink with things like "corset ~ 2" and "hankerchiefs ~ 6" and "lacing hooks", etc. It's really fun to imagine where it may have been, whose it was, did she marry John Astor and change her life? Was she a war widow? Was she American? I love that junk!

For every day I choose to play,
I set aside a day to pay.
—AMN

"Sometimes plastic wrap just won't cling, no matter how much money you put in the meter."

—From the Book of True Wizdom
AfterMyNap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote