View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 12:43 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Maggie. I was just wondering if your Doctor performed your stellate ganglion block with fluoroscopy? I had 8 procedures done and when I had my first 3 done, there was no symptoms of the drooping eyelids(Droopy eye) also no red or bloodshot eyes, tearing, nasal stuffiness, horse voice, sensation of a lump in my throat, difficulty swallowing, sensation of warmth in my arm or hand. Not to say, that I needed to get all these symptoms, but I heard so many people saying this. Plus, I hated the fact, that the jerk I had would not give me an option of getting put out or stay awake. (My old pain management Dr. was a real jerk!) rotten bedside manners and all. So, I went to PA to have 5 more done and my doc. there gave me the choice of staying awake or getting put out. I choice the seditives through my I.V. He also said he never does any blocks without the fluroroscopic method. I did experience at least 5 of the symptoms of the above, the hoarse voice, droopy eyes, nasal stuffiness and two others. Needless to say, all 8 blocks did not help, except for one, which put me into remission for 2 weeks and 3 days. Anyway, my new Doc. is talking spinal cord stimulator also. I just ordered a free CD to watch and I still have not watched it. I am going to watch it either tonight tomorrow?? I mean, I have been and still am on neurontin, xanax, pain patch(The highest there is now), percocet for break through pain, Effexor XR, Amitriptylin, 10 mg at bedtime, and ativan for sleep. I still can't stay asleep. I get up all hours of the night and lots of nights, I sleep in our guest bedroom, so not to wake up Bill, (My husband) he is so good to me, so caring. Sometimes he treats me like a child at times, always saying be careful, are you ok to drive? I'll drive you. he helps me out a lot with our daughter who is 8 yrs. old. He told me that to go with what my doctor said about going up to Cleveland hospital at least for a good talk about what the doc has to say about the spinal cord stimulator, so this will be a huge step for me, as I act like a little baby. I always say this on here! LOL Well, take care and see if your doc. can use different meds to put in you SCS like mine were doing. Hey, at least I tried 8 until my doctor said, no more, as the last one made my entire hand, wrist and shoulder hurt on the way home from PA. Much love, thoughts and prayers, Maggie. ~Love, Desi
Desi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote