View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 09:02 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Aww Mrs. D, thank you for the words of wisdom and comfort. That's what I love about this place, good info, great wisdom and plenty of humor.
I was thinking as the nurse was talking, "Unequvivical, the one word I don't know the meaning of, great!" so I asked as she said well it means something is definately there but the radiologist recommends more testing be done. At some point I quit absorbing anything she was saying, maybe because I didn't like what I was hearing, that little devil on my shoulder was reading her the riot act. I thanked her, assured her my cell phone was the best way to reach me and then I hung up. I am over being mad at her, I will tell the doc how it made me feel and let him deal with it. The best about this guy is he always calls my hubbie with his blood results first thing in the morning, so I know I won't be hanging all day wondering.
I know I probably will have a spinal tap, not looking forward to it, but my grandson has had plenty with his cancer so I'll be brave like him, okay the kids are always, always sedated.......I'll be fine with it. Just like I was when they pulled the mask over my face for the MRI, I was told to close my eyes that the new machine is that sensitive, the rebel in me rolled my eyeballs inside my closed eyes. I don't recommend this, they had a "do over" so I eyeballs went quiet too, aside from the noise it was okay.
The one thing about chronic anything is losing my ability to do normal things, I have been struggling with this one for four years now, thank you PN. On the other hand I feel its best to know your enemy and I would be glad to have something better than idiopathic.
I wilt in the heat, I have noticed my cognitive abilities dropping, but I always blamed it on the neurontin. I have trouble remembering things, can't bring a word to mind to finish a sentence, I am noticing these things. My work area isn't tidy, I have trouble remembering anything unless I write it down, and I am aware of all these things, so I write it all down, millions of notes stacked up by my computer/phone....
It will be something I can deal with, it isn't cancer, I am alive and working and enjoying my grandchildren, and life is still good.
Thank all of you for being here for the last four years of my PN and I know you'll be here for the next four.....
jannaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote