Thread: Help Needed
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 09:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I'm venting and feeling better for it.

Hello, lovely of you to suggest something else to help me. Unfortunately though my mother tried Velvet soap and the competition's equivalent of Sunlight soap way back in my childhood. I have tried it again through the years with no joy.

It sounds ridiculous to say but in my bathroom I have 10 different shampoos, hair conditioners, deodorants, etc etc etc, getting my drift now, that I alternate on a daily basis. Feminine products are problematic too.

Dove soap and their related products are not suitable for my skin as I react.

As I told my doctors for eg, "when I go on holidays I have to take a suitcase just for these products which also include 10 rolls of bleached toilet tissue as the green unbleached choice gives me a severe reaction. (bidets have never taken off here in Australia, I can't figure out why, not that I would know how to use one.). I love going camping but there is only so much tent room. I can't go out of Aussie!!!!! They wouldn't let me on the plane. Probably think I was a terrorist!

It wasn't until I stated the absurdity of my situation to any dr who would listen and after years of trying I made them see the practical side of things and that it wasn't just a rash to be treated and a cream to be used and nylon/synthetic clothing to avoid that they actually took me seriously and sent me to the top dr in Newcastle who then referred me to the top dr in Sydney.

AND....... I still am having trouble.

I cited one time I was in intensive care for 3 days and the nurses insisted on using soap. I was in a miserable state with rash caused from the soap not rinsed off carefully. I understand about bacteria and golden staph and procedure but when does the patient have a choice? At home I rinse off after a shower for at least 10 minutes. What a waste of water!!!!!! But I am unable to see a solution for that at this time.

Anyway, apologies for this not being a quick reply but I at least feel better and I hope you are ok. Bye for now, Marci.
Marci is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Koala77 (06-01-2008)