View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 11:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi!
I'm not sure how to use this site as far as replies go, so hope you get this!
Hubby's 5-day 300ml per day treatment of IVIG had no bad effects but we don't see any improvement, perhaps more pain for his hands which may mean some increase in sensation???? There will still be 3 monthly follow-ups. Perhaps there is still hope for positive outcomes. We feel grateful that we were able to get this trial, courtesy the VA medical services. Thanks for your support!
Szari
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmeb View Post
Hi - if he can get the IVIG then I'd definately try it - for some people here on the forum it works great.... I was on it for a year and a half, every week - high dose - didnt have definate auto-immune markers though - I think the doc was experimenting - I'm seeing a new neuro and it is on hold while condition being re-evauluated (looking more at genetic or paraneoplastic conditions)... however, it may help... and worth a shot... (does you hubby have a definate diagnosis?)

Some people here (I'm sure they will post) love their infusions - aside from a few side affects they feel much better after - personally I dreaded them 'cause did not notice a big change but the side affects were real hard on me (nausea - very flu like symtoms, etc.) as the treatments go on they usually lessen some and some people get no side affects at all... they are probably starting with 3 month trial to see if any change - its a very expensive therapy and if you cannot show improvement to insurance they usually will no longer pay for it....

Do you need links to information about ivig? Also, there is a magazine called IG Living - very information - you can just google their site and read their magazines on line or order for home for free.....

I hope that it IVIG does help him... again, for those it helps its wonderful - and a tough med to get so he's lucky to get to try it!

Take care....
szarib is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote