View Single Post
Old 10-22-2006, 03:06 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hard subject for me to post about really, because as everyone probably knows by now, I don't necessarily see tics as being the result of only negative influences. My son always ticced more when he was relaxed, in a safe and comfortable environment. Most of what I've read about over the years relating to tic triggers tends to focus on negative effects, whereas I know that being excited and happy and relaxed or dancing can illicit more tics.

My son did have what was called a "plateau" with his tics for a few years, where they stayed pretty stable at the waxing end of the scale, rather than the typical waxing and waning cycle. In hindsight I believe that had more to do with his other conditions compounding his level of tics.

Now, pain. That's always a trigger for more tics. The vicious cycle of a tic causing pain and setting of more tics and causing more pain etc.. Cold or viral infections that caused runny eyes, or a cold in the nose... things like that set of more tics in those particular areas in both my children. Twisted ankles... arrggggggggh.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote