View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 06:53 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessings2You View Post
I hope you read that title with the sarcasm infused in it.

I have so many well-meaning friends/family that say things like "Why don't you just go on disability?" If they weren't such wide-eyed innocents, I'd surely smack 'em.

They think you just wake up some morning deciding you don't feel like working any more, go to the "Disability Office", sign up (no doctor's note necessary), pick up your first check and a note for your boss.

You take the note to your employer, clean out your desk, and go happily on your way. All before 9:00 a.m. Easy-peasy. Golly, why didn't I think of that?

I know exactly what you mean, B2Y.

I love it when people ask me "aren't you happy to be away from all the stress at the office?" Ummmm...let me think......oh, the office where I worked and earned a PAYCHECK??? Why yes, not having a paycheck since APRIL is much less stressful, thank you for asking.

Do others honestly not have a clue when it comes to LTD and SSDI? If it were that easy to get and so nice to be on don't they think everyone would be doing it?

I'm grateful that it's there - never thought I'd be using it - but the waiting periods are for the birds. What are we waiting for???? Doom???
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (06-01-2008)