View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 12:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default is this elbow pain TOS? who can diagnose?

I haven't been around for a few months as I've been off having another surgery which I am recovering from. I hope everyone is doing as well as can be.

I'm still trying to figure out who to see to test for ulnar nerve compression...or whatever these pains are that travel along the nerves above and below the elbow. The local Thoracic surgeon told me that some of my complaints are not TOS so I would like to get as good of a diagnosis as possible. The reason being is that my L side tests much worse with TOS but I am aching to use my R arm and if I were to do the TOS surgery it will be at least another year before I would get to doing the R side. If I do have something simpler on the R I would like to address that now.

Any suggestions of kind of doctor? Neurologists are no longer an option for me as I've been through them all locally. I still want someone to diagnose any problems in addition to the TOS. The Denver doctor was fine for prooving TOS. Is ulnar nerve compression the same as tennis elbow? I had a recent EMG that didn't show much but have never had a SSEP test. I doubt that the EMG was done well; the tech used a book to look up what the denver doctor was asking for as she had never heard of it.

I also have pain that I wonder if is TOS related. It doesn't travel in the same way as the nerves above and below the elbow pains do. This pain is on the inside of the elbow. When I put my arm out palm up, it's on the pinky side just above the elbow. It hurts a lot if I try to hold something. And I often wake up with one or both arms hurting there. It's also a very tender area when I poke around there and the tissues feel very bumpy inside.

Thanks much for any insight! and I am Hypermobile if that info is useful
fern is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote