View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 12:20 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Faith,

I also have this on my mind frequently. I work four days a week and I can barely stay awake at the office. We have a small company and I don't know how long we'll continue on as that. We may go off in different directions and do our own things.

I don't know that I could manage in another company. I work very slowly at my job, though I know it very well. I don't know if another organization would be able to tolerate my fatigue issues and other effects of my MS. I haven't been hospitalized in a few years, but I know how that can make things difficult at work when I get behind with everything and others have to cover for me.

I can't handle working with "difficult people" anymore. I know this is triggered by MS, but I have to accept that as an indicator that my career might be shortened because of it. I would also volunteer if I had to go the route of SSDI. I have a feeling you would have a full schedule even if you start with SSDI. I know I'd be the same. I hope things work out well for you in this.

Turn Left at the next election.

RRMS DX 01/28/03 Started Copaxone again on 12/09/09
ewizabeth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
FaithS (06-01-2008)