View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 05:23 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Default extraction of the wisdom tooth

HI HayleyJ,

Glad to be of some help to you! Hope you can get in to see the dentist this week!

You mentioned that your tooth was not extracted under anesthetic or surgery?? Perhaps this needs some clarification as I think you have interpreted this dental treatment as something other than surgery because you were not put to sleep for it. Could that be right?

An extraction of a tooth is definitely oral surgery. Whether or not you were put to sleep, a local anesthetic is always used during extractions and any other type of oral surgery to numb the nerves surrounding the tooth being extracted or the pain would be excruciating. Hope that makes sense to you ~'.'~

Yes, please let us know how you are doing!

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayleyJ View Post
Thank you for your advice. I will call and make an appointment today with the dentist and hopefully I can get a referral from there - My tooth was not extracted under anaesthetic, or via surgery - as at the time we were not to know it would be such a difficult extraction, so it does make sense that this is the reason, I am aware of how much pulling and stretching was involved of the jaw!
I will let you know how I get on!
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote