Thread: Introduction
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 05:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I take Lyrica

I am taking Lyrica and have had no ill effects after a year. I also take Neurontin,
Hydroxizine, Paxil, Amytriptiline, Peroxicam, and requip. I have been off narcodics for 1 and 1/2 years and although I do have more pain, I deal with it through Relaxation tapes, and kind of a self hypnosis. I am happy to escape the grips of
Oxycontin and Methodone.
The pain that I have is called Anesthesia Delorosa, the dreaded complication of Microvascular Decompression. I have had a very severe case of Trigeminal Neuralgia to the point that the nerve had to be severed at Mayo clinic in Rochester, Minn. It was a last resort. I wouldn't talk and couldn't eat, and the all too familiar lightening strikes made me petrified. Now I met a new Demon.
Anesthesia Delorosa, a pain that is with me 24/7. It is not a scary pain but at times it gets severe. I put ice packs on my face. there is nothing that can be done. I know that some don't want to have a microvascular Decompression
because of the risk of A.D. The left side of my face is numb.
Truely a Believer,
D. bug 7
You came to the right place for support and info. Hang in there,you will do fine. friends are like stars, you don't always see them but you know they are there.
Doodle bug7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote