View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 06:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default help with proper treatment

Hello
My name is Rick I am a Rt, 63 years old, two children 27 and 34 ,both move out, well moving some 200 lb oxygen units in a nursing home I developed back pain, my reg Dr, said i had a bursitas and gave me a cortisone shot, a week later I was back and he gave me a patch conductive test and told me I had a pinched nerve, I went to a Othopedic ,they did a MRI on my back and told me it was normal, I went to a hip Othopedic ,because thats where my pain was and he gave me a shot for tendenitas, well to make a long story short the group that did my MRI had to call the Back Specilist and told him I had a broad based dics buldge L4-5 impingement on a L5 nerve and a mild herniation on the L5-S1-so I have had three opinions, one being epidoral shot to calm the nerves down another a Facet injection and the last Dr told me a Nerve block ,meanwhile I have trouble sitting for any lenth of time and have mild leg weakness, pain is also mild-it seems like it improving ,going on four months , my question is which do I go with ,the nerve block or the others? I am really confused
THank you all
rickso12 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote