View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 06:29 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb02 View Post
I just had my latest MRI on Friday and if it shows any active inflamation, my neuro wants to start me on imuran. After doing some research on this drug, it's efficacy, and potential side effects (not pleasant), I do not want to take it as this time. There does not seem to be any consensus on whether it helps or not, and it is considered a chemotherapy drug. I have not had an attack since my first one last spring, and my ms (symptom wise) seems to be stable.

I know I may be worried about nothing. Hopefully, my MRI will not show any active inflamation, but I am trying to figure out how to deal with him if I do have changes. I know I have the right to say no, but I keep doubting myself. Maybe I should follow his recommendation ... How is he going to react if I refuse to follow his advice?
You could just say: "After doing some research on this drug, it's efficacy, and potential side effects (not pleasant), I do not want to take it as this time. There does not seem to be any consensus on whether it helps or not, and it is considered a chemotherapy drug. I have not had an attack since my first one last spring, and my ms (symptom wise) seems to be stable."

If he flips a gasket, thank him and go find a new neuro! You can also tell him that AMN agrees with you!

For every day I choose to play,
I set aside a day to pay.
—AMN

"Sometimes plastic wrap just won't cling, no matter how much money you put in the meter."

—From the Book of True Wizdom
AfterMyNap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (06-01-2008), Jappy (06-02-2008), SallyC (06-01-2008), Twinkletoes (06-02-2008), weegot5kiz (06-02-2008)