View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 10:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlek View Post
that diagnosis? What other reports indicate just that and maybe something not auto-immune?
I actually considered such an approach after I'd had a solid CIDP onset? But could find very little on the subject regarding small fibres....Larger nerves and nerve channels, yes, for but those little 'things' that go EVERYWHERE? Nothing. Too much too all over I guess.
I just did a quick web search and really didn't come up w/much for small nerve issues. And that was negative at best. Sigh.

If you could tell us a bit more about your PN, onset and what tests you've had, lots of others here could help you A LOT! Please try not to be too shy?
And ask questions! None are too silly....I've asked lots of them! Sometimes it's those 'little silly things' that count!
Please chime in soon and often! 's - j
Thank you for your reply.

I've come to this point after a long time in trying to find out just what is going on with me. After gall bladder surgery I had severe abdomen pain, mainly burning, which over the course of months spread to my upper abdomen. Then, my left hand went numb, with some tingling/burning in my thighs. A month or so after this my arms, legs and back suddenly started burning as if on fire. Finally, my face, mainly my forehead, also joined the party.

I've had a pretty complete blood panel done, and everything shows nothing with respect to underlying peripheral neuropathy. I've had twoEMG/Nerve conductivity tests, fine both times. My brain MRI was last Friday; I find out this week. I'm currently on 450mg Lyrica along with a lot of Tramadol. The Lyrica has just been raised, with a slight lessening of the burning.

I'm being treated at UCLA. My pain guy, wo suggests the nerve blocks, is Dr. Josua Prager. I saw him on referral with the idea my troubles might be RSD. But the only symptom I have is the body-wide burning; no other RSD signs.

I'm just looking for some relief.
dshue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote