View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 12:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalonso View Post
I think the planner is a great idea,but I am not sure if I would know what to record as far as symptoms etc. because It seems like it is always something from headaches to feet falling asleep. I have gone so long ignoring and thinking its just me or I did too much. How do you know what is out of the ordinary and worth talking to the doctor about? I know it is probably a dumb question, but I dont want to turn into a hypochondriac Thank you for taking the time to help me.....Nicole
Hi Nicole!
Head aches and my feet fell asleep! write it down!! It is not being a hypochondriac when you are recording what you are feeling and I understand what you are saying too. When I tried to describe what was bringing me to the doctor (on and off for 3 years before my exacerbation) it was difficult to describe and when none of the tests showed anything, I started seeing a psychologist just in case it was an 'emotional' thing! lol and I had the 'getting words mixed' up thing going too!

botton line, you cannot take action to get yourself better until you get a dx of whatever is going on, so I hope you will make that appt. and see the doctors, let them determine what tests need to be done. You are in nursing school, so you know you would encourage the same to another!

Please keep us posted, and welcome to the forum

first flare 7/22/2000
Dx 8/3/2000 RRMS-- no relapses since
Betaseron 11/15/2000
Didn't miss a single injection the first 8 years. Now take about 6 shots off a year

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.
Hyman Rickover, "The World of the Uneducated", "The Saturday Evening Post", November 28, 1959
viseeu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AfterMyNap (06-02-2008)