Thread: Support Groups
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2006, 07:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks everyone

I’d like to thank all who responded to my message. The direction wasn’t where I thought it would go but was great.

CTenaLouise - thank you for the beautiful quote of the poem. You must known I am a sucker for poetry!

Todd – I admire you for the work you’ve already done at your age. I signed up to be Alaska’s representative for an Early Onset registry back in the late 80’s. I received several calls and talked for a long time with one guy. That was in the days when we had about a three second delay in the voices going back and forth to the “Lower 48”. It was difficult conversation but I think I helped him a lot. Keep up the great work!!

Carolyn – I have been the leader of our support group from time to time. We’ve had one leader and his wife both die while leading the group. Another lost his wife and moved to Washington State. We have had mostly elderly retired leaders that could devote more time to it. My kids are all gone now but I want to work for another year or two and would like to wait until then to lead it full time.

Mary Francis – The forums do a very good job of providing information but it is nice to have face-to-face contacts too. My Dad was just diagnosed with PD. My folks live in a retirement home in Nebraska so don’t get to see them too often. I too get my strength from God. Would never have made it without Him. Alaska has been unseasonably warm. No snow yet and only two days of frost. This weekend a marshy area close to town had about 30 trumpeter swans resting before their flight south. I wanted to go out after our meeting yesterday and take some pictures but a lady needed a ride home so took her. I thought as she was getting out that she probably would have like to go too but we were at the opposite end of town and with the cost of gas didn’t want to drive 20 more miles.
DaleD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote