View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 03:12 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default I guess it'll be a dim summer for me...

Went to a local carnival/italian food festival today.

It was about 80 degrees out...I think I can see (or not actually see) that it's going to be a dim summer for me with the stupid Uhthoff's Phenomenon.

I was seeing fairly well when I left my house, took some sunglasses with me. Boyfriend ran the a/c on the way downtown and we even stopped at the gas station for frozen Cokes (Slurpees)

We were at the carnival for maybe an hour. Basically walked around, bought some lottery tickets, ate some toasted ravioli's and watched the Missouri river ooze downstream. (there's a reason the call it the Muddy Mo)

It was about the time that we were sitting in the shade, scratching off the lottery tickets (won a $1) that I took my sunglasses off. My right eye, which used to be my good eye is definately the baaaaaaaaad eye now. I looked at my boyfriend while keeping my left eye closed.

I could barely see his face with the new bad eye. Checked him out with the good eye, and could see him fine.

I'm really not looking forward to summer. It gets a lot hotter than 80 degrees here in the summer. I guess I'll be a mole and hide in my Bat Cave (the basement) for the summer. At least it's nice and cool down here. 65 degrees year round, and COLDER if the a/c is on. Our upstairs gets warm and the a/c comes on more often. At least I'll be able to chill in my basement, and my Slurpee's will stay frozen longer.

I wish the stupid Uhthoff would go away tho. It seems to only bother my eye so far. I'm betting the warmer it gets, the more I'll notice other aspects of Uhthoff.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote