View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 04:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeForOne View Post
Fern,

I would recommend trying to find a doctor who is very knowledgeable both about TOS and all other arm problems, both nerve and ligament/joint related (I think tennis elbow is more of a ligament type injury than a nerve injury).

If you're within traveling distance of southeastern PA, I'd highly recommend Dr. Scott Fried (610-277-1990) , who is an orthopedic hand surgeon who has additional training in surgery and treatment of TOS. He believes in looking at the patient as a whole, diagnosing and treating all problems in the entire upper extremity (neck through fingertips) using both traditional and alternative treatments, with surgery as a last resort.

Dr. Fried's online résumé:

nervepain.com/drFriedDetailed.html

Many of his patients have more than one type of injury.

Also, the EMGs done at Dr. Fried's office are done by experts in performing EMGs to check for TOS and other upper body nerve problems. Mine have been done by Rick Reed, who DiMarie has mentioned in past threads like this one:

neurotalk.psychcentral.com/showthread.php?t=14165&highlight=Rick+Reed

If not, you could check to see if other TOSers in your area have had any good experience with orthopedic, sports medicine, or physiatrist type doctors who also have enough knowledge of TOS to sort out and treat the cause or causes of your elbow pain.

Regards,

ThreeForOne

I second Dr. Fried. He spends time with every patient and will fight for you. Cares about your future. Also teaches wonderful self-hypnosis classes.
billy027 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote