View Single Post
Old 10-22-2006, 07:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default thank you

Dana
thank you so much for taking the time to look for this information for me!!! .... that first clip sounded so much like what happened to me! It was such a strange experience! He practically shoved a DVD at me - and I didn't want to see it. He said "well, it is the only thing that will stop your spreading - I know!"

he barely took anytime to look at my info at all, didn't examine me, barely looked at me. I had a list of questions - to which all answers were SCS. I use an RSD cream - he looked at it on my list of current meds and said "who came up with this?" in a condecending tone... :-( I said my pain doctor, and it works....

I just felt very railroaded by the whole thing. Then, when I mentioned to him that my pain doc where I live had a doctor who would put it in if I needed it, he said "oh, you must have it put in by someone who knows RSD. That would be me or Stanton-Hicks" I said that would mean I would have to take time off work and drive 3 hours for any appointments for adjustments, followups etc - and I have no one to drive me - it would have to be me driving. He said well, after the SCS I wouldn't have trouble driving, as my pain would be so much less. I said, it seemed more logical to have it done 20 minutes from home. He said, well, the person must do hundreds of them. I said the person my pain doc knows - it is almost he does. He said "think about it"

I was also a bit put off by being told to do a drug test or I could not see the doctor. I refused. I said there is no reason for it, and if I had to do that, I would just go home. The nurse said all new patients had to or not be seen. I said I was not there to be a regular patient - I am under a drug contract by my regular pain doctor, and was not there for prescriptions - only for a 2nd opinion and consult. I explained I am not on controlled substances on a daily basis, and would not be getting meds from him. I would not do a test. So good bye. So they relented. It just set a bad tone for me. I take my contract seriously, and even getting tested by another doctor didn't feel right to me.

I did not know that there was a way to get to the Braintalk archives? I would have done that.... I tried a couple weeks ago and could not access them. I am thrilled that they are available somehow again. I thought they were lost when the whole thing went down. Do you access them in the same way as we used to, with the "search" utility?

Thanks all - you have certainly backed up my feelings that something wasn't adding up here.

Jules
daylilyfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote