View Single Post
Old 10-22-2006, 08:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default .

Amber
Thanks so much for your reply too. You have also helped a great deal. Your experience seems to be more along the lines of what I typically remember reading with the SCS that made me think it would not be right for me the first time my pain doctor mentioned it to me the first time months ago.

My neuro mentioned an epidural infusion. He told me it might help for 3 to 6 months, but would be in place for 1 to 2 months. He doesn't do them, but I want to talk to my regular pain doctor about that. The doctor that I saw last week who was all for the SCS said the epidural infusion was not worth trying, would get infected, only provide pain relief for a couple weeks.

The neuro also said facet injections might help too.

I really like my regular pain doctor - he's an honest, caring guy. He is not set up for monitoring people on constant controlled substances, so if you need that, he sends you to another place. But if you don't need that, he's a really good doctor compared to what I am finding elsewhere! Geesh! For me, I only need a few vicoden every other month, so he is good for me. He is fabulous at trigger point injections!! He knows how to find the exact center of the spots that's for sure. yeooww! But, that helps a lot too. It will be interesting to see what he has to say about this.

At this point, I think I am ready to just stay doing what I already am.
daylilyfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote