View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 04:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default check in

Great day in Southern Ohio-high of 82, not too sunny. Recently returned from a visit to my mother's in Louisiana and developed an upper respiratory infection which I attribute to the plane rides (could not possibly be due to the large # of petrochemical factories in that area)--maybe it is related to the "small fire" that occurred on the plane we boarded for the last leg of the trip to La.(you can't get to my mother's area from Ohio--not easily anyway). Fortunately we had not taken off yet. Everyone exited the plane safely. The return trip was uneventful, thank goodness, though I was still anxiety ridden from the first part of the journey. In the past, I reasoned that it was safer to fly with one of the very small airline cos who operate old propellar equipment than to drive Interstate 10 from Houston to La. I am not so certain any longer. Though am betting a drive btn these 2 areas surrounded by 18 wheelers traveling at interstate speeds and above will provide incentive to risk the small airline again. For future consideration.
Thanks, Rosebud for initiating the check in topic. madelyn

~ Jean-Martin Charcot

The future is already here — it's just not very evenly distributed. William Gibson
olsen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote