View Single Post
Old 10-22-2006, 09:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Day lilly,

Yea i hear ya about havingsecond thoughts about having the stim.!! I would do it al over again, yes, even to konw what i would be like i am now. You never know what will andwhat wont.! But kudos to you not choosing and standing up to forcefull docs and not being pushed by the medtronics company!!

my doc is just like yours.. except a very strong brooklyn accent..and he is very down to earth and "common" ( you know, not the snobby doctor type that thinnks thier poo doesnt stink) and he sits down with me and talks about his family and asks about mine and very caring even though hes very big and has a cool accent! wouldnt trade him for the world!! You have to stick with the docs you trust, and trust your gut!!

I had the epidural infusion also, but i was in the hosp for a week with it and then had it taken out at the end of the week and all the pain came right back after the meds that were in my system wore off. I would have killed to have it back in. IT WAS AND IS HEAVEN!!!! there are always risks of infections and evreything , but as long as you keep it clean and dont over do things around the house ect, you will be fine!! my doc couldnt get a nurse or anyone to come to my house to do the epidural tranfussion bags adn to mix the meds and chnage the pack that he wanted ( i live and hour and 1/2 away from him and the hosp that i was in) so i couldnt do it, but again , would kill for it again right now. That is why i am having a pain pump put in , in January!! i will be able to have the same meds i had in the epidrual and hopefully start getting my life back!! but i then still ahve a long road in head of me with the funky shaped foot and all!! but at least no pain!!

The epidrual was easy , just make sure you eat before he does it! I didnt eat (rather the nurses wouldnt let me , when my doc told me to) and i passed out really deep and was hard to get me out of the dark for a while.. but it was all fine, it was all because he was messing with the fluid in the spinal canal, adn was back up and walking in an hour!! and eating..lol

I never heard of fasset injections before, what are they???

Have to try and get some sleep! talk to you soon!!!

Amber
RSD_Angel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote