View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 06:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Anesthesia Delorosa

Hello. I can't believe that some other person has said those words. Anesthesia
Delorosa. I have had AD for 5 yrs. The reason is that I have it is because I had one Microvascular Decompression in K.C. that failed and two more brain surgeries at Mayo clinic in Rochester Minn. As a last resort,they severed the trigeminal nerve. Now the left side of my face is numb but yet I have pain 24/7. This pain is not a scary pain like T.N. but gets pretty severe at times. I still see different Doctors for the various problems that A.D. has caused. My eye is numb so I still have to go to my Ophthalmologist as my eye no longer produced tears. He has put plugs in and out and finally we got it as right as he could.
My ear now has a tube in it as I get fluid laying in it occassionaly. My left nostril
is dry and I get sinus infections every few months.
My ear has also lost some hearing.
To be truthfully honest, this has been a nightmare. A very devastating event in my life that came out of the blue. If I had a choice to make between A.D. and T.N., I would absolutely choose the A.D. It has no lightening strikes in my face that made me petrified like T.N.
The A.D. pain is , at times, like the little nerves move around in a kind of burning fashion. Sometimes it is like grabbing and tightening. At first it would
hit my lip like the nerve jumped. It is really painful when the nerves behind my eye start hurting.
I take Neurontin, Lyrica, hydroxizine, Paxil, Amytriptiline. I used to be on narcotics like Methodone and Oxycontin.
If you have questions, feel free to ask.
Truely a Believer
D. bug7
Doodle bug7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (06-06-2008)