View Single Post
Old 10-22-2006, 10:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Joselita!!

The sand was yes very very pain ful, but I wasnt gonna let my foot stop me from having this probalby once in a life time chance of walking onthe sand agian. ( ya know!! but you should see the pics of my foot after i go back to the house!! OMG.. i swear to god my foot looked like i was the stay puff guy from the ghost busters movie!!)

Im only able to wear a ortho boot on my right foot right now. Its has a flat sole and 2 velcro straps that go over the top of my foot and the rest is all open. I cant have anything touch my toes!! they are the worst and i couldnt get them to desentitize when the PT guys did it withe my foot. So I wear a sock on my right foot and have the toe part of it pulled out so that the sock doesnt touch the toes. I wish i could wear a slipper or sometihng like that!! it would be easier to go through stores with out stares, becuase people can see that my foot is very crooked and it cant really be that way. well yes it can and is and belelvie me i get asked those questions all the time. I dont mind , i just hate explaining that i have RSD adn now one knows waht that is and then to explain that.. and it still doesnt trigger anytihnh.. soo i just say that i hurt it and it healed in the wrong way.. easy adn can get away faster..lmao

I do drive.. i wont give that up with out a good fight!! i also drive with my left foot, but on good days that my right one isnt hurting that bad i can use my right to just push on the gas. I dont have the ankle movement of side to side or up and down so i use my knee to press and release .. its tricky but i got it down pat, so i use that one ofr the gas and the left for the brake! I am a pro, but i get tired easily so long trips are out, unless there are breaks!!

I have no crutches or canes at all.. i coudl use one ! i love places that have carts because i push them around and they get alot of the wt off my foot and easy to walk around the store. my doc took my crutches away, because he wants me to use it as much as i can, so i can keep as much bone density in there i have. because if you dont walk on the foot, you loose bone mass adn that means i can fracture easily, so he wants me to fully walk on it before i really cant anymore.. adn i am getting to that point , but not willingly!! I prob will be getting a cane soon, and i do use the wheelchair when i know that i am gonna be out for awhile!! My good leg does give out and so does my bad one. My mom deosnt know that , but i dont want to scare her even more then she is...

Yea you can use other pics to post, you dont have to have a dig. camera.. im pretty sure you can scan them if you have a scanner, or you can have them put on a CD at wallmart and you can get them on here that way!!

I too cant get over that there are more people with my foot!! and know exactly how it feels and what i go through in a day. its one thing to say that someone with RSD knows how i feel... but to have a foot that looks exactly like mine adn it feels that same! god bless you and you are very special to me!! all of you are that have the foot prints like mine!!!!!

I dont know if i can give out my screen name so you can IM me when i am on. So we can talk a little more with out having to post it all out..not that i dont want everyone to join in, i just want to get to know you and what you go thrgough is like what i do!!

I will ck the terms and conditions and if i dont see anytihng i will post it later!!

have to try and get some sleep!! Talk to you later!!

Amber

PS where do you live??? I live in Upstate NY!!
RSD_Angel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote