View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 11:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you, Rosebud for starting the topic. Maybe we should all take the gauntlet once a week or a month and handle the job. This way we can all pitch in to keep the weekly lost-and-found/check-in thread going.

Anyway, This week will bring me back to school and work full-time. I had pretty much half of May off with vacation. I my trip to the mid-central states was interesting with travel through this gorgeous, but very poverty stricken section of our country. I witnessed only a few storms, which was the intent of the trip, but I got to see the Rocky Mountains, attend a Rockies game, and visit the Oklahoma City Memorial instead. If anyone hasn't visited the memorial and has the opportunity to do so, by all means please do. It is a very beautiful, but spartan memorial dedicated to those people that died on that horrific day. I could feel the sadness in the place that I can't describe.

Madelyn - I'm with you on flying. That was the worst part of my trip - particuarly the going part. First I haven't flown in 20 years until May 8th so that was quite the shocker of all. The overall meaness of the TSA staff (sorry if this offends anyone who has family working for the TSA), the rudeness of the airline staff, and the ungodly walk from terminal C to terminal F at O'Hare which I had to do in under 15 minutes because there was a delay leaving Boston. By the tme I reached terminal F, my feet had frozen and my arms had stopped swinging. I was the walking like a robot from mars. I ended up with spasms in both feet that night and I was wicked stiff the next day. It took 3 pills before I became "normal" again.

Last Friday I went for a sleep study to find out why I don't get much of it. Well I told them I twitched and moved all night and they didn't believe me until they saw it on the video. To add insult to injury, the room was like a freezer due to a broken air-conditioner, and I ended up with dystonia spasms in my left foot. All in all I got about 2 hours sleep if I was lucky. I had wires stuck on my face, legs, arms and chest along with plugs up my nose and a flat thermal-couple under my nose which kept sliding into my mouth when I yawned. The junction box for all the wires was strapped to my chest, and that darn thing kept poking me in the ribs. I don't have much meat on the bones so this stupid thing kept jabbing me when I breathed. When I left Saturday morning, both sides of my face were tight, my hands were tight, and I had the tremor really bad on my right side. I ended up sleeping all day Saturday, and by Sunday I was back to normal sleep wise, but still tremulous.

I'll be honest, I am not looking forward to starting back into the school work again. I have nine more classes, but my heart isn't into it. I can't explain how much I hate it. The subject matter is interesting, but I no longer have any use for it. As far as I'm concerned, any career that I planned is over now. The thing is I can't quit otherwise I'll lose my tuition coverage from Uncle Sam, so I have to stick it out the best I can. I just keep telling myself that there are one nine of these suckers left to kill off.

Overall I'm looking forward to my next vacation. I go storm chasing again June 20th through June 30th. This time out of Denver and possibly into Canada. The only part I don't look forward to is the flight.

Steve - I'm glad to see you in high spirits.

Good luck to all, and I hope y'all have a great week.

John
jcitron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote