View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 02:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Exclamation Bon chance

Hi Dana,
I must say I am quite familiar with some of this situation (not the baby) but I do my happy dance in my mind later in the post.

My lead moved to TOUCH THE NERVE ROOT & consequently paralysed me through electrocution - the doctors didn't admit this until X-ray. I was stuck in a chair and could not move enough to get a magnet or anything to swittch off. This was ANS device. Fortunately my wife was home and could run to the shed - I was hit so hard by this that the only magnet I could think of was not the one supplied with the unit but my welding clamping magnets.
They workled & I had to leave it switched off, non-functional until I could find another doctor with the expertise to retest the implant and see if it could be made to work & this has subsequently been removed and I now run much more effectively on an intrathecal pump which we are still titrating to an appropriate dose.....I understand why that path was not followed for you.

A couple of observations but I would prefer to relay them in a PM if you want at another time as I don't wish to steal the happiness of your message and possibly start a storm.

Good luck with getting it to work & WOW - (yes, I am shouting) BEST OF LUCK FOR YOUR BABY GIRLS' ARRIVAL. That is just fantastic news.
Happy tears!!!! I'd try to do a happy dance too but I would end up unceremoniously crying in pain - too confusing, so if you don't mind I'll stick with your happy news celebrated passively.

I understand the bit about the RSD in the right leg - where mine is.

Hugs & I hope they can sort it out on Thursday for you - the leg I mean.

Shouting again. GOOD LUCK THURSDAY!!!!

My very best wishes to you all
Auberon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco4586 View Post
Well I went to the doctor and the leads 8-15 on my neuro stim are not working. They believe that The leads have moved. I am going to have surgery on Thursday to revise the leads. Also I am not getting any relief for my right leg where my RSD is now. I am ready to have this fixed now!!!!

Now for better news my first and only baby girl will be born in 8 weeks. I have three step kids but I finally have one of my own coming!!!!!
Auberon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bronco4586 (06-07-2008)