View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 03:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Your right - he's wrong?

Hi Mary,
I too HAD a bionic butt.
Now, I don't think they understand but (sorry) I could not sit straight for three years and the pain from the IPG was excruciating.

I could not comfortably sit, lie, and wear a belt or just the weight of light shorts. When the IPG was removed that was complicated but I kept bruising severely with the shallow implantation for three years of carrying around a non-functional IPG over my R hip.

The insurance Co may end up having to treat your back (scoliosis) it will curve) on top of the pain if they were to decline moving it.

I don't think the doctors understand just how much of a burning sensation the IPG shape creates. It becomes major as the contact surfaces with the titanium jacket need to be shaved (scar and fibrous tissue formations) to allow healing & this will take a while but it is well worth it.

THIS BURNING SENSATION IS DIFFERENT TO CRPS!

Your experience is very parallel to mine - it just hurts and aren't we in enough pain already with this darned CRPS?

As an additional bit of information, my pain in my buttock/hip is diminishing as two months have nearly passed since the IPG was removed. I can sit straight and that, at least is more confortable - quite significantly so.

You have done the right thing in being persistent. The areas he was touching would be bruising - I had an extremeley large area that was bruised around the IPG but as it was being pushed around in its little pocket (which they cut under local and I could feel the scalpel cuts) - I ever calmly asked for some more anaesthetic as I could feel the blade cutting into my buttock.

But after this, the healing process was so slow and it always bruised severely.
Good luck - it is highly likely that it is not a case of ....the patient failed to respond. It is much more likely they put it in the wrong place. Your descriptor of "on fire" is exactly what it felt like.

Best regards
Auberon
Auberon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote