View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 09:41 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herekitty1960 View Post
I have cancelled all my paper subscriptions (just 2) and have gone to reading the paper online.

I still buy the Sunday paper at the grocery store on Saturday night just to get the coupons.

I figure the less paper used and gas used to deliver it will help the environment and my pocketbook at the same time.

I just feel bad for the people who depend on their paper routes for income.
Same here. Online subscriptions are definitely the way to go. Plus, in my case, eliminating that weekly 10lbs. of papers to haul out on trash/recycle day was a huge bonus.

Since I discovered the weekly ads online, I don't even get the Sunday edition anymore.

Check this out: http://www.sundaysaver.com/

Bethie, you're quite right about those who depend on vehicles to make their living. It's a crying shame that we can afford to be policing the entire world but can't make a difference in our own back yard.

It's my considered opinion that printed news will become completely obsolete in the foreseeable future. It's expensive to print and distribute and just one more thing the environment doesn't need-- all the way from the paper mills to the delivery. It's almost unnecessary at this junction.

For every day I choose to play,
I set aside a day to pay.
—AMN

"Sometimes plastic wrap just won't cling, no matter how much money you put in the meter."

—From the Book of True Wizdom
AfterMyNap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bannet (06-05-2008), Curious (06-03-2008), Foggy Brain (06-03-2008), TwoKidsTwoCats (06-03-2008), weegot5kiz (06-03-2008)