View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 10:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronhutton View Post
I broke a tooth last week, which got infected, and within 2 days had the most serious relapse I have ever suffered. I had to be helped to dress, helped into bed etc. I literally could not move when unmedicated. My meds did not work, until I increased them to unheard of levels, and visited the dentist. Trouble was I was now writhing around with dyskinesia, and he put a temporary filling in, with disinfectant, and then abhorted the appointment.
In the meantime, my neuro advised me to have it extracted, rather than try to save it, and get totally clear of infection. That is arranged for 2 days time. The inflamed gum has receeded to some extent, presumably due to the disinfectant in the filling, and I am improving.
I did not realise an infection could cause such a trough in symptoms, so thought it worth posting, in case others are also unaware. I did a search and found plenty of evidence for the link between infection and a relapse in symptoms. See

http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/summ...99-6764595_ITM
Infections, drug changes can bring Parkinson's to the ED.(emergency department)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,146096,00.html
There are a lot of different processes that can make Parkinson's worse, and infections are one of them."

Anyone else had a similar experience? Seems we have got to beware
gum infections, skin infections, measles, urine infections, herpes, gut infections etc.
Ron

Hi Ron,

Back in late January/early February, the flu bug went through my house. I avoided it for the longest time, but then it hit me pretty hard. The same thing happened to me. I was so miserable I could barely get around. Once the fever broke, everything came back to normal over the next few days.

I've noticed that in general when I am stresed or over tired that the symptoms are worse. I am more tremulous internally, I am stiff, and more crampy.

Thank you for the interesting links.

John
jcitron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote