View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 11:35 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I got it at my local CVS for $19.99 (It's so long ago, who remembers??). I use it every single day. It's extremely powerful. You just put it on the can, press down for two seconds, and let go. It walks around the can. I admit, it takes longer to let it "do it's thing", then, let's say, if you had a handy dandy can opener.

My hands hurt too much to be able to do the can opener thing all the time. And the can opener, well I haven't found one, that doesn't put an emphasis on turning a knob or something.

So this gadget was very good for me (with my arthritis and carpal tunnel) for when they act up.

But the key is to wait until it stops walking around the can. Then you just lift it off, the lid separates, and there you go.

THE BAD THING IS WHEN BATTERIES DECIDE TO DIE!!!

I never laughed so hard in my life.

This happened to me about a month ago. I was opening up a can of button mushrooms (to add to my noon day salad). I put the can opener on the top of the can, it starts to walk around the can, and bam it stopped. I had no idea what happened.

I COULD NOT REMOVE THIS OPENER FROM THE CAN. The lid was stuck halfway in the mechanism. Nothing I did worked to free it. I bring it into the living room and I said to Alan. "I'll give you a thousand bucks if you can take this thing off the can".

He tried for 30 minutes. He gave up and said 'here's 20 bucks, go out and buy another one". I said 'Not so fast". I am McGuyver. I find out how to do stuff and how to UN DO STUFF!!

I look at the underneath of this can and tried to wedge it open. Alan had used a knife, a screwdriver and a wrench. YOU COULD NOT UNLOCK THE LID. It was jammed tight in the mechanism. I bent the lid, You can't hurt the can opener itself, because it obviously comes from the Planet Mars where all things indestructible are obviously made!!!! lol

So I said to myself 'There HAS to be a sway to separate the lid from the mechanism when the batteries die".

So I'm looking, and lo and behold, there's a tiny little thing, that when you press it in, the mechanism continues to turn, and the lid pops out.

Only took me a whole hour to figure this out.

I replaced the batteries and the thing worked like brand new. Been using it ever since.

I tell you, this thing was invented on another planet. It's THAT INDESTRUCTIBLE!!!! lol

P.S. I've been using infomercial products ever since there was an infomercial. I bought the first Smart Mop, The first Smart Chopper. The first Roly Kit by Joy Mangano. Never bought the huggable hangers though.

I LIVE for the next gadget (as long as it makes my life a bit easier).

But the best thing that was ever invented was the SWIFFER (next to the Shark Steam Mop).

The Swiffer makes LIFE SO MUCH EASIER.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote