15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessings2You View Post

And then? And then?

In the words of the hymn by Esther Kerr Rusthoi:

It will be worth it all when we see Jesus,
Life’s trials will seem so small when we see Christ;
One glimpse of His dear face all sorrow will erase,
So bravely run the race till we see Christ.

Is it worth it? No. But it will be.

Apostles? Sure, but not now.

A dozen? Sure, whatever.

12 happens to be my threshold for when I think about something over and over and decide it's time to say something.

Thirty minutes ago, I stepped out of the shower and again thought of this post; that made the 12th time.

So, B2, I'm here to vehemently disagree with your conclusion. Is it worth it? You say, "no, but it will be."

I say, "Yes! It's worth it, every minute of every day!"

Here's why: I believe, firmly, that God has me here for His reasons. I believe, firmly, that my entire existence is for the glory of God and for His purpose. Yes, at times I ask Him what the heck He's thinking when things don't especially amuse me, but I also realize that, frankly, it's none of my business.

God put me here, this minute, on this day, under these circumstances because it is exactly where He wants me for His purposes. The MS is the route that He used to steer me in His direction, according to His plan. He could have used a car wreck, a fall from a ladder, a softball in the noggen, or any number of things. This time, it's MS.

Never in my life did I dream of my own children, He did not create me as the "marrying kind" and I honestly don't feel left out. I enjoy my life. My career ended suddenly and with a thud, but I am educated and have felt pulled in one direction or another to use that education for God jobs all along the way.

As long as He chooses to keep me on earth, it is entirely worth it to me to be here for His purposes.

So, YES! IT'S WORTH IT, EVERYTHING IS WORTHWHILE WHEN IT'S FOR HIS PURPOSE! Who am I? I'm that grain of sand under 500,000,000,000,000,000,000x other ones, but I belong to God and He knows my name!

When I get home, it's only gonna get better!

For every day I choose to play,
I set aside a day to pay.
—AMN

"Sometimes plastic wrap just won't cling, no matter how much money you put in the meter."

—From the Book of True Wizdom

Last edited by AfterMyNap; 06-03-2008 at 01:22 PM.
AfterMyNap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DM (06-03-2008), TwoKidsTwoCats (06-04-2008)