View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 02:24 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herekitty1960 View Post
Sorry about the vertigo, Erin. I've had that a couple of times but I couldn't do anything - let alone type!!! How do you manage to be on the computer? I would have gotten sick if I even tried to read anything. I just had to sit very, very still for a very long time in order to get any relief. First time I dared to move a wave of it would come rushing back.

I hope the doc calls in a prescription for you. This isn't pleasant stuff to have.
It took me a long time to type that. But when I was typing it, I wasnt even as dizzy as I've ever been. I still had to sit very still and not move my head while I was typing.

Last year, when I was going thru the worst vertigo that I've ever had (the drive-by vertigo that would drop me to the floor if it hit while I was standing) there was no way I could have typed like I did this morning.

I went back to bed after typing that message earlier. The Meclizine finally kicked in probably about an hour ago. My head was hurting so bad that I had to take a migraine pill. I still feel kind of sick to my stomach tho....and strangely enough, hungry (I'm not about to eat anything yet tho) I'm still slowly spinning, but as long as I dont do any big movements or leap to my feet, I feel a little better than I did earlier, but I still feel like crap because my head still hurts.

I kind of get the feeling that the Meclizine is going to wear off again soon. (neuro told me to take one Meclizine 3 times a day) I dont know if it's the Meclizine that gives me the headache, or if it's the vertigo that causes it.

Right now, I feel like someone has been stomping on me. At least I'm not quite as dizzy as I was. I'm just scared that it's going to start up again. I just want it to go away and leave me alone. I dont care if I wouldnt get any steroids, I just want it gone.

It's just weird that I havent had vertigo since last summer, and this is almost the exact time that it started up last summer.

Is there such a thing as "seasonal MS symptoms"???

I think I'll go lay down again. I think I'm ok sitting up for about 20 minutes before my head wants me to lay down again. This really sucks. So far for me, vertigo is the worst symptom for me with this stupid MS.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote