View Single Post
Old 09-03-2006, 11:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Kathi,

I had a full shunt revision on 29th July and I'm still having symptoms that you describe. The whole side of my head where the new shunt has been placed feels numb...I mean, obviously I can feel it's there but the sensation is nearly deadened completely. This happened when they inserted my first shunt 6 years ago and on one part around my ear the feeling never really came back properly. Doc said it was something to do with damaged nerve endings. It didn't really bother me though and this doesn't although it feels a little odd! My op was 5 weeks ago and like Nat I get very sleepy around 4pm. They removed the heart-end of my old shunt but like you left the brain-end in as it was too dangerous to remove and inserted the new shunt on the opposite side of my brain. It's a major surgery remember, so it will take you a while to recover. I'm just resigned to the fact it's gonna take longer that I thought initially! I don't try and read yet as I get headaches and I can't concentrate but I know from last time that reading will be ok in the future..just not right now. Took me about 6-8 weeks last time before I found reading easy again. You'll get there! Hope you're feeling better pressure and headache wise?
Spiritgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote