Old 06-03-2008, 04:58 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Just got back from Rite Aid!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsd View Post
RiteAid policy is that with no receipt, you get dollar exchange only.

That means you can have other merchandise at equal value. (Is the RiteAid sticker still on the package? Hope so).
So you may have to buy (get) something else, rather than cash.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there I am with the original package and all 4 smart lidz. No receipt. I politely ask if I may return it. The lady says "no, only an even exchange". I said: "What do you mean, an even exchange?" She says "I have to give you the same product back" ????????????????????????

So I say (very politely). I DON'T THINK SO!!!! And I whip out the 4 lids, one of which is ripped clear through, and all the rest are stretched beyond recognition. She takes one look and goes "OH!!!", then she says again. "I have to give you an even exchange". I said (again, very politely), I DON'T THINK SO!!!

Then she sighs and says: "I'll get my supervisor but she'll only tell you the same thing I told you". She gets the supervisor who looked at me like I was 100 years old (she was all of 21 or so). And she speaks to me as if I'm deaf and blind and totally incapacitated. She slowly speaks and she says 'OH, YOU WANT TO RETURN THESE?????"

Now I am looking around trying to find out WHO SHE IS YELLING AT, when it dawned on me. It was ME!!!. To her, I'm an old, feeble person. She said (screaming). I'LL GIVE YOU A GIFT CARD, WILL THAT BE ALL RIGHT??"

I looked at her and screamed back "GREAT"!!! Some manager person had to come and sign for it. He was about 40 and looked at me like I was 100. (Believe me I do NOT look like I'm 100), but to these young people I guess anyone over the age of 40 is 100 years old.

So I got a gift card worth $10.83. She looks at me and slowly explains (like I can't hear and I'm completely stupid). YOU CAN USE THIS AT ANY STORE, DO YOU UNDERSTAND...O K A Y???????????????????

I just took the gift card and left.

Good Lord,

I am officially an old lady!!! lol

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote